Sunday, September 21, 2014

Columbus' Craft Boutiques Are Hurting My Wallet

     I'm a crafty person. I'll never try and hide it; in fact, I will probably try to pawn off my crafted goods onto you if we're friends long enough.
A wooden keychain, pins,
and two charms bought
from a boutique (Elizabeth Doll).
     I love most vintage things and I love thinking of ways to repurpose old items and charms. Some of the decorations in my room are a print of a vintage Chicago map, a linen towel with a map of Canada on it, terrariums, among many other things. The only thing I don't like about crafting or buying vintage? Everything seems to come with a very high price tag.
     Over the weekend a small boutique in Columbus, that was always closed when I tried to go, was finally open. I loved looking through everything, but by the time I left with a few charms, a tote bag, and four very tiny buttons, my total added up to almost $40!
     I love supporting small businesses and I love the things I buy, but I can't help but wish things were a little cheaper. I guess I've just gotta understand that that's how the system goes, but until then, I'll try to contain myself when I walk into craft stores and vintage boutiques.
Two vintage charms that I
plan to make into earrings (Elizabeth Doll).

No comments:

Post a Comment