Monday, October 20, 2014

Dying My Hair and Losing My Confidence All At Once

     I look like a mom. A 35-year-old mom that would fit right in screaming at her son to watch his dirty soccer cleats while clammering into my meticulous mini-van after his pee-wee soccer game.
     My hair is now about chin length and carrot orange and I look like a mom. Nothing against mothers, or orange hair for that matter, but when I'm a 21-year-old who went to the salon to get a chin length dark auburn lob and came out with this cropped carrot-colored mess, I think it's reasonable that my confidence is a bit shaken.
     I definitely try to be someone that focuses on inner confidence, but I just can't feel this do. I wanted to wait until the last day of break, but now I'm just wondering how possible it would be to run to the nearest Walgreens and do a dye-over.
     I don't think I would mind as much if this was what I asked for and was just a bit surprised by the length. That wouldn't be so bad, but just watching her cut away and trim my hair far past what I asked for was tough; seeing the color once my hair dried was even worse.
     This might just be a long-winded rant about how I didn't get what I want, but I'm feeling pretty low because of it. Here's hoping this hair will grow quickly and that I can find some cute fall hats to cover it up in the meantime.

No comments:

Post a Comment